1. I’ve been in the hair industry for 12 years (and counting).
And I only grow more passionate every day!
2. I married my high school sweetheart.
Believe it or not, I meet my wonderful husband in high school! And, as they say, the rest is history.
3. I am a proud mother of two rowdy boys.
My boys are wild and crazy at times, but I love them so much. They serve as my inspiration to work hard and persevere when times get rough!
4. My sister means the world to me.
My little sister have been through thick and thin together. As hard working #girlbosses, it can be hard to find time to be together. But we always find a way to get together, or talk to each other, ev-ery day! (Bonus: my two boys are best friends with her two boys!)
5. I make it a goal to laugh whenever I can.
My life can be pretty stressful at times, and I have (finally) figured out that laughter always helps put things into perspective. I am never afraid to crack a joke, and laugh—even if no one else does!
6. My husband and I have successfully launched and managed two start-ups.
Two decades and two start-ups later! My husband is one of the smartest businessmen I know, and together we have successfully created, launched, grown, and continue to manage two companies: Studio Be & Refuge.
7. My husband and I own and manage three salons.
Studio Be is where we started. With my husband by my side, I feel like I can take on the world. And our salons are living proof that we can do anything!
8. Facebook videos and quizzes are my weakness.
Yes, you read that correctly. I’m not ashamed to admit it!
9. I deeply value human contact.
In the technology-obsessed world we live in, I am so grateful to be in an industry that allows me to meet with people, face-to-face, everyday! I love to uplift people in any way I can, and feel that one of the best ways to uplift and empower people is in-person!
10. I utilize weekends to the fullest.
After a crazy week at work, one of my favorite things to do is take on another project, at home! A busy—but fun—weekend helps me recharge and stay motivated for the week to come.