Spice up your beauty routine up with tumeric! One thing I love about this spice is that is a great way to naturally treat acne, eczema, dry skin, and dark spots on the face. Tumeric also contains high-grade bio-active compounds that actually reduce inflammation, which is yet another reason to add this to your beauty regimen asap.
I do want to note that with any at-home treatment I strongly recommend testing a small amount on you wrist before applying a facial mask, because—just like with all food items—there is a potential risk for allergic reactions. And, after all, safety comes first! Also, it is important to note that your face may have a light yellow/orange hue because of the tumeric after you wash this mask. No need worry though, because this side-effect usually resides and calms down after a few hours. But, I still wouldn’t recommend doing this the day of or before a special event.
This is one of my favorite face masks to do because it is so easy to whip up at home with ingredients you probably have in your pantry and spice cabinet.
DIY Tumeric Glowing Face Mask:
Makes 2 masks. If you have leftovers, store in the refrigerator to be used within one week.
- 1 teaspoon of tumeric
- ½ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt
- Clean face thoroughly and remove all makeup and products.
- Mix all ingredients until smooth. Make sure the mixture is on the thicker side rather than runny so it does not drip. It should be similar to a paste.
- Apply a thin layer of the mask on your face and let dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water. I only use my hands and fingers to remove the mask as my skin is often sensitive after using and I don’t want to further exfoliate it.
- Finish by applying your moisturizer or oil of choice.
- Enjoy your glowing, radiant skin!